Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Friday Bible study

One of the main reasons things that had been on my heart as I was moving to Sumy – is to be about teaching the Word. We got some Bibles in Ukrainian & Russian. & a week after I took some Bibles to the orphanage the director has banned it. & that’s after she told me I can come twice a week, at any time, without even calling her about it. So we only managed to have one Bible study with the kids there. The teachers didn’t seem to be very supportive of it. They kept snatching the kids out for various reasons. Which to be fair – the kids there hardly have any spare time to sit down & read from the Word.
When the summer began I talked with our graduates boys here about having a weekly Bible study. They liked the idea. Especially Vova Gutarev. But as the summer came & the boys schedules were all different – we never managed to begin to get around the Bible.
Well. Praise God for school & for solid schedules! Vova & Vitalik who go to the same school in Krsanopillya, spend pretty much every weekend in Sumy. Every Friday the boys go straight to my place, before they make their way to the Open Arms girls’ place. Last Friday it was really on my heart to read through some Word with Vitalik & Vova. & so we did. We read from Matthew 5, then the whole story of Noah, & went back to Matthew. Vitalik acted bored, though listened. & Vova said that he’d love to read some more. That’s after almost two hours of teaching!
Now we are hoping to have an every Friday Bible study with these boys, & as Lord would bring – maybe some more boys.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of him! Keep giving them Jesus!! That's what we all need. Give me Jesus...you can have all this world, but give me Jesus

    ReplyDelete